1.WORLD YOUTH SKILLS DAY
- Every year 15th July is observed globally as World Youth Skills Day to raise awareness about the importance of investing in youth skills development.
- 2017 Theme is “Skills for All”.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had established World Youth Skills Day in 2014.
- It was observed for the first time in 2015 on 15th July.
- A team of Indian astronomers have identified extremely large supercluster of galaxies located in the direction of constellation Pisces. It has been named Saraswati.
- A supercluster is a chain of galaxies and galaxy clusters.
- It is bounded by gravity consisting of tens of thousands of galaxies.
- The Milky Way, the galaxy in which earth is located is part of a supercluster called the Laniakea Supercluster.