Skip to content
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, abbreviated as GRSE, is one of India‘s leading shipyards, located in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- It builds and repairs commercial and naval vessels. Presently GRSE has also started building export ships in a mission to expand its business.
- Founded in 1884 as a small privately owned company on the eastern bank of the Hooghly River, it was renamed as Garden Reach Workshop in 1916.
- The company was nationalised by the Government of India in 1960.
- It was awarded the Miniratna status, with accompanying financial and operational autonomy in September 2006