16. Most of the unusual climatic happenings are explained as an outcome of the El-Nino effect. Do you agree?
17. Why are the world’s fold mountain systems located along the margins of continents? Bring out the association between the global distribution of fold mountains and the earthquakes and volcanoes.
18. Explain the formation of thousands of islands in Indonesian and Philipines archipelagos.
19. Tropical cyclones are largely confined to South China Sea, Bay of Bengal and Gulf of Mexico. Why?
20. Bring out the relationship between the shrinking Himalayan glaciers and the symptoms of climate change in the Indian sub-continent.
21. Whereas the British planters had developed tea gardens all along the Shivaliks and Lesser Himalayas from Assam to Himachal Pradesh, in effect they did not succeed beyond the Darjeeling area. Explain.
22. Why did the Green Revolution in India virtually by-pass the eastern region despite fertile soil and good availability of water?
23. Account for the change in the spatial pattern of the Iron and Steel industry in the world.
24. Critically evaluate the various resources of the oceans which can be harnessed to meet the resource crisis in the world.
25. How does India see its place in the economic space of rising natural resources rich Africa?